As a member of the product team, the application development specialist will help build and support the StarGarden suite of products. You will use your strong database and web development skills to produce and support updates, new features and custom enhancements for StarGarden clients running our HCM/payroll software. This is an entry level position.
Who you are:
- Always looking to learn something new
- A highly effective communicator (oral and written), able to work with management, software developers, product team, implementers and clients. Positive and people-oriented communication style that is inclusive and responsive.
- Able and willing to be flexible with work hours
- Adaptable and flexible, ability to manage multiple priorities and work under changing deadlines
- A motivated self-starter committed to achieving results, including a strong sense of ownership and assertively following through to resolution under limited supervision.
- Able to use your strong interpersonal skills to work in a team based, collaborative environment with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience
What you will bring to StarGarden:
- Experience in C#
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with web applications
- Proven experience with enterprise class relational databases or database management systems, specifically MS SQL server or Oracle
- High proficiency in Windows, Windows Server and Microsoft Office
- 1-3 years software development experience (Co-op terms count towards experience)
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Information Technology
- Proficiency as an SQL developer with 1-3 years of database programming experience (Co-op terms count towards experience)
- 1-3 years of programming/analyst experience with working knowledge of payroll/data an asset
- Business Application Design/UI experience would be an asset
What you will do:
- Develop and implement software updates and new features
- Build custom client applications such as interfaces, reports and programs
- Apply scheduled product updates
- Create program fixes or utilities to resolve payroll errors
- Research client issues to determine root cause and take appropriate steps to resolve and document
- Perform detailed testing and provide ongoing maintenance and production support.
- Design and write new or modify existing applications based on specifications developed by project managers, implementers and business analysts
- Other duties as assigned
What StarGarden offers you:
- An established company, a leader in the field of payroll and HCM
- Team oriented people, who focus on developing a great product, outstanding customer relationships and providing service that our clients can count on
- A company that respects work-life integration and back that up with our actions. We offer a Flexible work schedule, with tele-commuting options available, a competitive benefits and compensation package as well as a collaborative work environment.
- A range of projects to get hands on experience, which allows any employee to contribute actively towards the way our planning and strategy works.
- An environment for people who like challenges and problem solving.
- A learning environment that puts personal and professional growth as a priority
If you think you have the skills and personality we are looking for, and are interested in pursuing a relationship with StarGarden, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected].
Only those requested for an interview will receive a reply.
*must be legally authorized to work in Canada, we do not offer relocation compensation or assistance with work permits/visa’s.